Wanna learn a new crochet stitch? Or need a refresher? Or maybe you’re looking for some free patterns. Today I’m bringing you some websites that have great crochet tutorials and patterns. I’ve gotten away from the homemade part of this blog. So I thought it was time to share some posts from yarn/crochet sites. And this is mostly because I’m terrible at explaining stitches. 🙂
- Annie’s-Formerly known as Annie’s Attic, this is the link to Annie’s stitch guide. The tutorials include basic stitches, advanced stitches, how to increase and decrease, and much more. They also offer a free Talking Crochet newsletter sent straight to your e-mail. You can sign up here. Annie’s also has magazine subscriptions available. Another great perk with Annie’s is they offer classes. Learn new crochet skills from top experts with Annie’s Online Classes.
- Red Heart Yarn-They offer video tutorials at this link. Videos are probably more helpful to some people, so you can actually see the stitches being done. Here’s a fun contest from Red Heart. For I Love Yarn Day, they are sponsoring an online scavenger hunt for a chance to win a prize worth up to $1,500! I’m planning to do it if I can remember. Red Heart sells their products online as well.
- Lion Brand Yarn-Their website has a Learning Center with tips and crochet tutorials. Did you know Vanna White has her own yarn with Lion Brand? Products are also available on the site for purchase.
- All Free Crochet-This is their tutorial page. The page includes crochet tutorials for stitches as well as how to read patterns. They also sell products and have giveaways.
- Yarn Wars-This is Yarn Wars’ tutorial page. There are also free patterns and contests. Yarn Wars also has a Facebook page where folks in the group can show off their creations.
- Crochet Pattern Central-I’ve been using this site for years. There’s a tutorial page and tons of free pattern links.
- Love Crochet-They have free patterns and sell products as well.
- Yarnspirations-You can find free patterns at this site too, as wells as products to buy.
There are tons more great websites out there with crochet tutorials, cool products, and free patterns. I shared links to a couple of crochet bloggers in a previous post that have some cool patterns. And a pattern for an Easter chick that doesn’t really have to be for Easter can be found here.
So once you check out some crochet tutorials and you’re ready to get started, here are some products I love and also some specials:
- Ergonomic crochet hooks-Oh my goodness, I love these! They have a nice cushy handle. If you crochet a lot, these hooks will help with sore wrists and fingers.
- I Love This Yarn-I really do love this yarn! You can get it at Hobby Lobby, my favorite store.
- Love Crochet has 15% of DK yarns and hooks, using the Code HOOD15.
- Yarnspirations has 25% off Bernat Softee Chunky and Baby Chunky yarns.
- Lion Brand has a clearance page on their website.
- Red Heart has 10% Unforgettable Waves yarn.
I hope you’ve found some useful information from this post. I’d love to hear from anyone who has used any of these websites or products.